Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tagged Schmagged



I'll admit it. I'm not exactly in the mood for a game of Tag. On the other hand maybe it will get me out of my funk. The rules of THIS game of Tag are:


1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Factoid Numero Uno:
Due to a traumatic brain injury in 2003, I have some gaps in the memories of my life. For example, my wedding day. I have the pictures, I know I was happy and cried alot apparently. No recollection. I know. Sad, huh? Some vacations we apparently took that I dont recall. Stuff like that.

Dos: I have been on a mad crazy diet for 60 days which has netted in a 35lb weight loss but I have also not had any of my beloved peanut butter. None. Not a snitch, lick, or nibble. I have a fresh bottle of Skippy Super Chunk hidden away for that blissful day when we will once again become one. My estimations are June 5.

Tres: I know how to count to 100 in Spanish.

Quatro: I sleep with socks on. Even in the Summer. If I am going on a trip - I take socks with me to wear in the car/plane. These are called "sleeping socks" and they are oh-so-different than "wearing socks". Sleeping socks are soft and cuddly and chunky. Wearing socks are thin and don't get all bunched up in your shoes.

Cinco: I have a strange relationship with underwear. When I was a kid we didn't have alot. I wore my sisters hand-me-downs almost exclusively. What I didn't get from my sisters, or cousins we made on a sewing machine. Including underwear. (Why couldn't I have chosen the memories I lost?) So, now, I must, must, must have many pairs of clean underwear in my drawer at all times. If they start to wear out even the least tiny bit. TRASH. I give my girls 5 new pairs of undies every Christmas. I think you cannot have enough new undies.

Seis: I love Summer tomatoes.

Siete: Let's talk about purses. I am 42 and on a mission for the perfect purse. I've owned hundreds and I still have not found it. I change my purse and/or wallet every week. I have a theory that there is no absolute perfect purse - it's the purse you're in the mood for that is the perfectness about it. Right now I'm on a white purse kick. I think it's because Oprah said "everything looks great with a white hand bag".......

I tag the following people: Kristy, Katie, Janessa, Marie, sharON, Elizabeth, Kristine

p.s. Thank you Elle for helping me with my list. You should be a therapist some day.

5 comments:

Erika said...

My parents gave us underwear for Christmas EVERY year growing up. We have one such episode on tape. Shelley had just opened something exciting and then I opened mine and exclaimed (in a truly excited voice), "Shelley...I got PANTIES!"

Karlene said...

I have wearing socks and sleeping socks too. In fact, I got some from Costco a couple of years ago and the girls told me you'd bought the same ones. I don't have issues with my underwear wearing out but if my socks get thin or even a pin sized hole, it's time to get more.

Larsens said...

The Peanut Butter would keep me on a diet forever, but that is an old fact. I actually ate a peanut butter bar in CA, and it was delicious. I had 3 bites and Rod ate the rest of the pan. I even got the recipe....if you want it.

Totally understand the purse thing. I too love purses.

Socks, yeah, ditto.

Underwear..I got my own when I was young. No hand-me-downs. Don't remember an episode with underwear involved. But with Pajamas yes, I wore pajama bottoms on my head pretending that they were my long braids. Obviously I never had long hair, so that was the best I could come up with. I will call them pajama extensions.

shurnuandbeagsly said...

Love your list Whit! Okay, I'll have to think long and hard of something interesting to say. Seriously! My brain is pretty much mush these days. I'm working on that, but with chasing babies, that's about all I do! :)

Good to hear about you!

Sandra said...

Whitney, I have lurked here for awhile, but when I read about your qwest for the perfect purse, I couldn't pass up commenting. My kids have told me that I need to become a purse designer because I can never find the perfect one. You know, too big, too small, wrong color, too many pockets, not enough pockets.....