Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm a Tailgater Blogger

I'm not clever. I am not unclever. There are many who are more clever. I'd rather spend time reading other clever blogs than fretting over how to make mine clever. With that said - I really ought to throw something up here bi-yearly just in case they delete blogs for inactivity.

2008 was definitely eventful. Most of you who read this experienced most of 2008 with me so I won't rehash. (not clever, remember?) Plus you can go here or here or here or here to get the gist of '08. Oh, and here too. Also, I've discovered Facebook which is really clever.

I don't do the resolution thing. I never have. However, I am a great goal setter and I like to try new things. This year I plan to plant an herb garden and use the herbs in my cooking. (a certain someone did freak me out a little about all the chemicals in potting soil though) I want to learn to embroider by hand. I hope to introduce more yellow into my wardrobe. Just the one blouse is all I have. I want to learn conversational spanish for no real reason other than I've always wanted to. Plus, then me and Jorge can talk about everyone without them knowing. I think he is going home in May so I better get going.

In addition to these new things, I plan to breathe in and out every day and love my family. Thanks for stopping by. I'll post something again soon.

3 comments:

McKenna Gordon said...

I'm very sorry about the potting soil thing. But it's true. And there are ways around it. I'm sure you can find those ways in a book somewhere, and when you do, call and tell me.

Also... I want to learn conversational Spanish too. But I don't have time. So when you learn it, can you burn me a copy into my brain? I know, I'm such a pirate.

Sandra said...

I love to embroider by hand. I just did some blocks for a quilt that my son made as a Christmas present. I had forgotten how much I enjoy it.

And I had no idea about the potting soil thing. I am going to go with what I don't know tactic right now on this one.

Happy 2009!

Larsens said...

My resolution was to lose weight, again. I just finished my second cookie and it is not even noon yet. So there it goes, again. I took Spanish once, and quit after 3times. I also wanted to learn how to ride a horse, but I'm deathly afraid of horses, so that didn't work either. I'm hopeless, so good luck to you whatever you decide to do.