Monday, November 12, 2007

Theres Nothing Left to Clean

When Craig first announced to me that he had to go to Japan for a week, of course I was a little sad. I knew I would really miss him and probably wouldn't sleep that great, but I was really looking forward to tackling a few projects around the house. Clean out drawers, closets and the dreaded dun dun dun.....store room.

You know when you move in to a house and you just shove stuff in the first place that makes sense that gets the mess out of the way? That's basically what we did. I'm a closet slob. Every single drawer, cupboard, closet and store room are jam crammed with no rhyme or reason to them.

While Craig's been gone, as predicted, I have slept on average 3 1/2 hours each night. When I'm not sleeping, I'm sorting and organizing junk. I think I may have caught OCD while Craig was in Japan. I'm sick and insane with lack of sleep. I even sorted through all my scrapbooking markers and tested each one to see if they still had ink, and threw out the ones that don't. 24 more hours and Craig comes home and my body can collapse. Poor Craig, he'll want to tell me all about his trip and I'll be sound asleep. He will try to make a sandwich and won't be able to find the bread.

2 comments:

McKenna Gordon said...

haha. the markers part made me laugh outloud.

Marja's Recipes said...

When Rod went to India and Japan this last time, I promised myself that I would get Alex finished with 5 merit badges. Instead, I watched TV and read the whole time. I'm a bad, bad mama.